Tacoma, WA – Residential Installer
Come join our team!
We are seeking a Commercial Garage Door Installer to work out of the Tacoma, WA Retail Division. This position usually works outside the office and has collaborative responsibilities with our Inside Sales Department. This position primarily works installing and servicing garage doors and associated products in, a non-climate controlled environment, to customers safely and efficiently while reflecting the quality and service for with Northwest Door is known.
Northwest Door LLC is a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. If you are interested in working in a team-centered environment, where each member’s unique knowledge, skills, abilities and efforts define our success as a company, then Northwest Door is an ideal employer for you!
For more information about our company, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com. To apply, send your resume and cover letter. Applications are also accepted on site at 9001 Pacific Avenue South, Tacoma. WA 98444 from Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. NO PHONE CALLS PLEASE.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability insurance; paid time off (PTO) and Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of pto; and team events.
Summary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Unloading and loading materials off/on trucks; lifting materials and tools of various shapes, sizes and weights
- Safely climbing ladders; sitting for extended periods of time while driving; safely walking and standing for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery; safely reaching (including above your head), bending, climbing, pushing, pulling, twisting, squatting & kneeling as necessary to perform the job duties and otherwise fulfill the physical requirements of the job
- Must be able to read and follow a road map and/or use GPS
- Have daily attendance at assigned work locations
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience Required:
- Minimum 1 year experience installing garage doors and door openers
- Valid Driver’s License with proof of insurance and safe driving record
- Able to operate a forklift and/or obtain forklift certification
- High School Graduate or Equivalent Certification Preferred
Knowledge: Must have basic mechanical knowledge, principles and practices of garage door manufacture and materials as it relates to installing garage doors. Knowledge of product warranties and warranty resolutions.
Skills: Ability to define problems, deal with complaints with diplomacy, effective listening, follow instructions, problem solving; self-motivated and have good time management. Must be a professional, have good customer service skills and be a team player. Must have basic computer skills.
Abilities: Be able to read and follow a road map or use GPS. Must be able to use installation tools and equipment, work under pressure, communicate with people and to meet deadlines. Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.