San Jose, CA – Class B Driver
CLASS B DRIVER NEEDED
Would you like to be home most evenings and weekends with your family? Do you have your Class B license and some experience? Then this driving position could be perfect for you! Come join our fun team at Northwest Door – we are a premier manufacturer of steel, aluminum and custom wood garage doors.
We are seeking a full-time Class B Delivery Driver to deliver garage door sections and associated products to and from our distribution center located in San Jose, California to our customers safely and free from damage.
Essential duties of this position:
In addition to driving, this position is also responsible for loading and unloading freight at select locations. Responsibilities also include maintaining your delivery vehicle and providing assistance in the warehouse when necessary. Specific examples of your duties may include:
- Operate a truck/trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours.
- Perform vehicle inspections required under section 396.13 of the Federal Motor Carriers Safety Regulations.
- Maintain records in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations (FMCSR), Department of Transportation (DOT) and company policies as required.
- Wash trucks, clean, load deliveries and/or will-call customers.
- Unload & load freight to & from trailers.
- Operate a forklift and pallet jack; must be able to obtain a valid forklift certification
- Safely climb in and out of a truck and trailer; sit for extended periods of time in truck and/or forklift.
- Able to work in a non-climate controlled facility
Education and experience needed to be successful in this position:
- A High School Diploma, GED or equivalent
- Possess and maintain a valid Class B commercial driver’s license
- Possess and maintain a valid DOT physical card
- Computer literacy needed
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Safe driving record and history
- Forklift experience preferred
- Pass DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals
- Pass a criminal background check
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees in this position.
For more information about Northwest Door, visit our website at www.northwestdoor.com. Applications are also accepted on site at 2277 Ringwood Avenue, San Jose, CA 95131 during regular business hours Monday to Friday, 8:00 am to 4:00 pm. Please, no phone calls.
Benefits: We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, prescription, life insurance, paid time off (PTO) and 8 paid Holidays; 401(k) retirement plan; employee assistance program; longevity bonuses, educational reimbursement, service awards; pay in lieu of PTO; and FUN team events.
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace, a pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes. All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.