Puyallup, WA – Product Process Engineer
Northwest Door is a premier Manufacturer of Steel, Aluminum and Custom Wood Garage Doors. We provide the building industry with high quality, innovative garage doors at competitive prices while maintaining a reputation of quality, reliability and integrity. Our customer base extends across the United States and includes Alaska, Canada and Hawaii. Northwest Door is part of the international Hormann Group with manufacturing facilities throughout the world including Europe, United States and Canada.
We are hiring a Process/Product Engineer who will be responsible for organizing and managing various projects related to product development and manufacturing. This role will focus on consistency of production, product and process.
This position will be based out of our Corporate Offices in Puyallup, WA and will travel extensively to our manufacturing facility in Tennessee for up to 90 days at a time, during the initial two to three years.
- Create and maintain critical documents including: drawings, procedures, inventories, timelines and other technical documents related to project work.
- Document procedures for each department processes by reflecting each physical step and physical activity in the Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system
- Define and analyze routings, performance and products.
- Participate in and at times lead workshops to coordinate with various departments and external consultants to implement system extensions, upgrades or improvements.
- Evaluate processes and implement improvements: including activities such as time efficiency studies, cost analysis, process changes and if additional equipment is necessary determining the specifications of the necessary equipment.
- Standardize products between facilities by working with cross-functional teams.
- Travel as needed for work projects.
Essential Job Skills and Experience: Any combination of education and required skills and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Industrial and Manufacturing Engineering or equivalent. Applicants who are in the process of obtaining a degree are also encouraged to apply.
- One to three years of experience in a manufacturing environment
- Substantial experience with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in: MS Office Suite and AutoCAD.
- Working experience with enterprise resource planning (ERP) software preferably SAP.
Knowledge: Manufacturing processes, procedures, methods, and equipment report preparation and writing techniques, time efficiency studies and cost analysis methods
Skill: Possess excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills to communicate effectively with employees and management, possess strong organizational and time management skills, excellent skills with Microsoft Office Products and Auto-CAD.
Ability: To accurately handle multiple priorities, to work independently with a cross-functional team, facilitate technical presentations; to work on several projects simultaneously, strong analytical abilities; strategic thinking and judgement; deal with frequent changes, delays and unexpected events.
Benefits: We offer a fantastic compensation and benefits package including, medical, dental, vision, company-paid life and long-term disability insurance, 8 paid holidays, ample Personal Time Off (PTO), 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement, service and longevity awards, free parking and more!
Northwest Door LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer with a diverse employment environment.
Northwest Door is a drug-free workplace. A pre-employment drug test must be negative regardless of whether you live, test or plan to work in an area that permits legalized use of marijuana for either medical or recreational purposes.
All offers of employment will be contingent on successfully passing a criminal background check and a pre-employment drug test.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory or all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this level.